Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Applying the tools

I don't apply the tools just to get in on a trade. I apply the tools for every aspect of trading: entry zone, entry, managing a trade, anticipating a target or a correction, taking profits etc....
Here is an example of the latest Euro run. This is where the tools tell me it is an area to possibly expect a potential correction, tighten up stops, take some profits...
I don't want to call a top or bottom ever, but I do want to know where a run may pause and correct before resuming. The tools that help me do so are Median lines, Fibbonacci retacements, price projections (as shown in chart 1). Chart 2 also shows a larger view with a potential Elliot Wave scenario with this being a potential Wave 5 (and I am not saying the end of a Wave 5).
Also take a look at the third chart GLD (Gold Trust Fund). It points to a similar area where price may correct. As we know Gold and the US Dollar have a very strong inverse correlation (one moves up the other moves down)



No comments: