Sunday, June 17, 2007

About

I am currently a part-time trader.
Certain responsibilities have still held me at bay from making the jump to going full time. So I trade when I can and when my other work as a IT consultant lets me. After all I am still a student of the markets and I don't feel the need to rush a good thing.
My journey in trading thus far has led me through various experiences in the last three years, neither of which I hold as negative in memory because I consider it the tuition. From buying courses, meeting other traders, learning what's useful and what's not, paper trading, trading real money (and loosing it), messing with my head, checking my head....the list goes on... until I was lucky to be able to connect with a couple of great traders who have been kind enough to share their vast knowledge and experience. Thus their teachings have become the cornerstone of what I know and can do as a trader today.
After all it's still a work in progress and I am grateful to be in a position to do this. To quote the arguably most cited trader of all times Jesse Livermore: "The game taught me the game. And it didn’t spare the rod while teaching."

No comments: